PI Eligibility: CHASS Faculty, LSOE and Lecturers
Co-PI Eligibility: Graduate students or faculty from UCR or other UC campuses
Awards: Up to three workshops awarded. Amounts vary by project.
Deadline: December 3, 2021
Project Time frame: Winter/spring 2022
The virtual workshops sponsored by this award are collaboratively planned and hosted by CHASS faculty and co-PIs from two or more UC campuses. Corresponding humanities centers on the campuses will coordinate to provide administrative support for the virtual meetings and expenses.
Workshop formats and approaches may vary but the proposed content should have a strong humanities component (in method or discipline) and a focus on skill-building and/or other practical outcomes. Proposals that include interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary, and/or counterdisciplinary content are welcome.
Workshops must be open to participants from UC campuses and may also be open to the public, if desired. Expenses may include honoraria for guest presenters, costs of materials for participants and/or other items necessary for the workshop presentations.
How to apply:
Deadline: December 3, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Submit applications at the link below by the deadline. Responses to the prompts may be copied and pasted into the application form or attached as a PDF.
Please include the following information in your proposal. (Word limits suggested for each.)
- Description of proposed workshop. Include suggested dates and a list of presenters and indicate if participants are confirmed, invited or tentative.
- Describe the urgency and relevance of the workshop for the UC system or the campuses involved. (500 words)
- Names and contact information for Co-PIs. Why were these project partners selected? (250 words)
- Who is the audience for the workshop? How will you recruit participants? (150 words)
- Proposed budget. List the proposed expenses with estimated amounts.
- Upload 2-page CVs of PI and Co-PIs.
Apply Now: https://bit.ly/app_uchc
Funding for this grant is provided by the University of California Office of the President Multi-campus Research Programs and Initiative Funding.