The Center for Ideas and Society remains committed to the effort to ensure that the exploration of values, norms and meanings, central to the humanities, is also central to scholarly and scientific research at UC Riverside. Your donation directly impacts this effort. Your gifts, large or small, one-time or on an ongoing basis, are both welcome and appreciated.
Commemorate Georgia Warnke’s Leadership
Join us in celebrating Georgia Warnke’s service and leadership to the campus as she retires from UC Riverside! Over the past two decades, Georgia has worked tirelessly to advocate for research in CHASS and at UCR as a teacher, mentor, Associate Dean and Center Director.
To commemorate her commitment, we invite you to contribute in her honor to funds that support dissertation research awards for graduate students.
Click the ‘GIVE NOW’ button below and contribute to one of these options:
- Jean Rowe Warnke Endowed Fund: This fund, established in memory of Georgia’s mother, supports graduate research in Art History, History and Political Science.
- Center for Ideas and Society: Gifts to the general CIS fund will be earmarked for graduate student support.
Support Research and Public Engagement
Private donations make a critical difference: the Center applies gifts to research and public programs, rather than administrative overhead.
For example, a gift of
- $50 could fund a lecture or colloquium;
- $500 could support a graduate student’s research into an archive, a cultural festival or a social issue;
- $1000 could cover travel for a distinguished international visitor; or
- $2500 could underwrite a major conference.
An enduring humanities program or initiative, in your name or in honor of a loved one, can be established through endowment, estate bequests or deferred gifts. Please contact UCR’s Office of Development (951) 827-5611 to explore the benefits of planned giving to the Center.