PI Eligibility: CHASS Faculty, LSOE and Lecturers
Co-PI Eligibility: Graduate students or faculty from UCR or other UC campuses
Award: Up to 4 projects awarded, $1000 per project
Deadline: December 3, 2021
Project Time frame: Winter/spring 2022
Creative, artistic, and experimental intellectual projects sponsored by this award will be collaboratively planned and hosted by CHASS faculty and co-PIs from two or more UC campuses. Corresponding humanities centers on collaborating UC campuses will provide administrative support for the projects and expenses. Proposals that experiment with event formats and create collaborations across archives, epistemologies, aesthetic and performance traditions, intellectual genealogies, and trans/counterdisciplinary methods and/or encourage cross-pollinations between arts, humanities, science are particularly welcome.
Projects should be open to participants from UC campuses and inherently collaborative, rather than furthering the aims of a single individual’s work. Public-facing projects are also welcome. Expenses may include research awards for UC participants, honoraria for non-UC artists, presenters and collaborators and costs for materials.
How to apply:
Deadline: December 3, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Submit applications at the link below by the deadline. Responses to the prompts may be copied and pasted into the application form or attached as a PDF.
Please include the following information in your proposal. (Word limits suggested for each.)
- Description of proposed project. What is the ideal outcome for the work to be conducted? If this proposal is linked to an existing project, explain how the proposed innovation and collaboration extends or enhances the other work. Include suggested project dates and indicate if participants are confirmed, invited or tentative. Describe the urgency and relevance of the project for the UC system or the campuses involved. (500 words)
- Names and contact information for Co-PIs. Why were these project partners selected? (250 words)
- What is the intended audience for the project? How will you recruit participants? (150 words)
- Proposed budget. List the proposed expenses with estimated amounts.
- Upload 2-page CVs of PI and Co-PIs.
Apply Now: https://bit.ly/app_uchc
Funding for this grant is provided by the University of California Office of the President Multi-campus Research Programs and Initiative Funding.